Monday, June 28, 2010

Stay Focused


Another hot day on the tier, but I was blessed to be able to go to my classroom for work in the a.m. hours where it is air conditioned. Work was slow, so I was able to write for about an hour. After work, I hung out on the tier and finished Book V Among the Gods. It's a very good series, a historical fiction based on the bible times. This afternoon, I watched the State Movie, Avatar.It was my first time watching the State Movie, which they play a different one every day.
Nothing too crazy and it was actually a boring day. Tomorrow is already Friday, and I'm not sure who is coming this weekend for a visit. Monday through Friday flies by, but Saturday and Sunday crawl because there is not much movement in the prison. There's nothing that gets your mind racing more than boredom in prison, especially on the weekends. When there is nothing to do, and nowhere to go, it's very easy to lose focus. Instead of keeping your eyes on the goal, the boredom causes your mind to run rampant, mostly thinking outside these walls causing negative thoughts.
At times, during the boring days, this happens and it is only when I begin to pray/talk to God in my head that I'm able to refocus on what's in front of me. What's in front of me rests the opportunity to re prioritize my entire life and grow in my relationship with Jesus. This requires focus at all times and even though the boring days are a dime a dozen, I am thankful every night when I rest my head to sleep for having these opposing concentrations.
I believe that it shows that my mind and heart are aware of the importance of staying focused. Each day that passes and thoughts of that day are different, boring or not, but each day ends the same way with nightfall; why waste your thoughts on the temporary when you can focus on the eternal. Staying focused, pressing forward.
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus Phil. 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment