Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If the Devil only Knew


Today is a day which I fast each week. I have been doing it for several months and it hasn’t been that bad. I usually pray all day and keep my mind on things above as opposed to things in front of me. It figures the devil would be tempting me during this discipline because my absolute favorite breakfast for the week, which is usually on Fridays, was moved to Thursdays. That’s okay because it just makes my fast mean so much more by giving up something I usually look forward to. Another one of those “if the devil only knew” scenarios. If he only knew that by tempting me to break my fast on Thursday’s only makes me more determined to persevere.
If the devil only knew that prison would bring the best out of me, not the worst. If the devil only knew that separating me from my family and friends would draw me closer to God. If the devil only knew that confinement would set me free. So many “if the devil only knew” scenarios and I’m thankful that we don’t know either. Not knowing is what makes us place our trust in the lord.
If we knew the outcome already, there would be no need for faith. “For faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11) We are called to walk by faith and not by sight.
I have no idea where I will be in the future, I have no idea what I will be doing upon release…and I’m not worried because one thing I do know and that is “all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”
~~~IF THE DEVIL ONLY KNEW THAT PAIN IS THE FUEL OF PASSION~~~

2 comments:

  1. Lifting you and your family up in prayer. I just read your story-WOW! God can even use this tragedy to honor Him. Dedicating your life to serving Him is an incredible way to bring glory to the one who sacrificed everything for us. Making good Godly decisions is probably the most important thing we can impress upon our children's hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kelli for your prayers and support. It really means more than you know. Matt has dedicated his life to educate kids to make responsible decisions as we both agree is the so very important at that age. We are so thankful that kids are relating to Matt and are writing letters thanking him because they decided not to get in the car of a drunk driver as result of his presentation. On some occasions that drunk driver ended up getting into a terrible accident. We thank God everyday that He can use something tragic and turn it into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete