Tuesday, August 24, 2010

THINGS UNSEEN


Nothing crazy today. Work in the am and rec in the afternoon. I’m doing nothing but body weight sets in the yard: push ups, pull ups, dips, and hand stand push ups on the wall—Nicholas Cage style from Con-Air. I am feeling great physically, mentally, and spiritually. On the way out to the yard, we have to walk through a metal detector. I can’t see or feel the power at work whatever it is that detects metal passing through it. Once in the prison yard, sometimes I use my personal am/fm radio to listen to music. I can’t see the radio waves signaling to my radio, but I hear what is coming through. Even on a blazing hot day, there is a slight breeze. The big yard is a square and three of its sides are blocked in; one by the prison itself, and 2 sides surrounded by woods. But the 4th side has a slight clearing, which allows for the wind to blow through. I can’t see the wind, yet I feel it and see the rustle of the trees. On a hot day, I feel the heat, but I can’t see the sun’s rays. I know the rays are tanning me because I can see the effect on my skin.
All of these things I cannot see, yet without a shadow of a doubt they exist, because we either feel or hear their effect. In all these things, we do not question, for we take them as the evidence of things not seen. We cannot see the source that provides the substance, but we trust in it and know they are real. The sonar that detects the metal, the waves that transmit the music, the winds that cools the summer day, the rays of sun which color my skin, and GOD: His love, His grace, His peace! I cannot see them, but I know they are for real. By faith, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment