Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Prisoner's Prayer



After my brother passed away in December, 2005, my family found some of John's journal writings and several poems. We all knew him so well, but his writings and poems shed some light on his inner struggle. Pain was the fuel of his passion, so in honor of his life, I attempted to write a poem that was prompted by my current situation.

In honor of John David Maher, Jr; THE PRISONER'S PRAYER
"To God be the glory in all that I do;
A prisoner's prayer, when all things become new.
But old things must pass, in order to see;
A poem of thanks to Him who made me.
So let me begin, from a spirit not constrained,
A prisoner's prayer, In Jesus' name.....

"Though incarcerated, I am set free;
Not from struggle, but through struggle in me.
Though physically confined, I am at peace;
Authority may be theirs, but my mind is at ease.
Though imprisoned, I count it all blessing;
For by various trials, my faith stands the testing.
Though a convict on paper, I will not slow pace;
Convicted by Christ, I must finish the race.
A prisoner's prayer, by purpose I'm driven;
This too shall pass, Our Savior is risen.
-MJM

~Content and counting it ALL joy~

No comments:

Post a Comment