Wednesday, July 21, 2010


It was 87 degrees on the tier today and I heard tomorrow is going to be even hotter. I had planned on getting away from the sticky humid tier and going into my classroom which is air conditioned. But when I got upstairs, my teacher wasn’t there, so class was cancelled. I came back to the tier and did some writing and finished Proverbs. I went outside for rec and it was like 93 degrees. I actually listened to wired 96.5 for the first time since December and I couldn’t believe how out of the loop I was to news, music, real-world stuff. But I am caught up with the World Cup. I also did some soccer ball/footwork drills, just staying sharp. No news yet on J.J. , except that he is still in LOCK-UP, which is the worst. I may never see that man again and it goes to show you how fast things can happen in prison. I may never see him again because he will probably be in administration segregation for a while. He was trying so hard to work things out with himself and find God. I’m afraid he has hit a dead end, but the good thing about a dead end street is that it’s a good place to turn around. His freedom will be postponed again, very sad. But I guess God has a lot more work to do with him. He was so eager to learn and grow too, but when he left my unit, he kind of distanced himself from us. I only saw him during rec periods and church. Man, that saddens me. It really makes you not take the time you have with somebody for granted. Time to be a Christ-like example, because in a moment’s time, everything can change. I will pray for this man who I grew to love. He is in God’s hands. Hopefully some news on him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment