Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fulfilled Everyday




John 15:11
Psalm 107:9
Psalm 90:14

Jay is finally back after being in New York's "Riker's Island" for the past 11 days sorting out his legal trouble. The result was all over the media outlets. Anyway, upon receiving the maximum penalty of one year at Riker's, everyone here at Mid-State assumed Jay would be depressed and completely bitter at the outcome. Well, truth be told, he is more positive and at peace than before he left. People don't realize that when you're at peace with God, a "worldly" set-back is viewed as a "purposed" set-up. Jay is now relieved, not restrained, and he actually brought something up that I said to him before he left. At that time, he said, I was crazy. But now he understands.

Before he went to New York, I said to him, "Don't think I'm crazy, but I can live here forever." He shot me down and told me I was crazy. But, then I explained, "I'm serious, I know there is more out there for me, but if it were the case that I had to stay here, I'm content. I'm finally living with purpose, and I'm doing more for the good now than I would ever be doing if I were just playing soccer. I'm fulfilled everyday!" He paused for a minute to soak in what I had said, then responded, "Don't ever say that again." Jay didn't like me saying I could live here ‘forever,' but he understood where my head and heart was. I was only speaking figuratively. What I meant was that it didn't matter, where you are, or what your circumstances to live a life fulfilled and at peace.

Now, back to today, so Jay says to me, "I know exactly what you meant now when you said you could live here forever. This too shall pass for us, but what's the difference between this and sitting on a beach when we are living with purpose. I'm satisfied now and I know God has an ultimate plan for me." Jay couldn't have said it any better. And the Truth, the Word, Jesus...will set you free.

I'm either insane or onto something....

~Nothing is more satisfying and fulfilling than living with purpose for the Lord; He will always meet all of our needs~

"For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." (Psalm 107:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment