Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Connecting the Dots




Having a routine based on God and His purposes brings stability to my incarceration. When I keep my mind busy and productive, I realize my days fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. In an environment where nothing seems to have order, things are coming together. When I really think about the past 11-12 months of my life, and I see the dots being connected, I had no idea what it would look like. If it appears like I know what I'm doing...it's not me. I have done nothing, but surrendered and God has supplied. God has directed and connected.

He has amazed me by using people that I know, and many that I don't know. I have to thank Kristie Woods Shackleford and Jesse Woods, long-time family friends, and lovers of God, who have stepped into my life and used their many gifts and talents to glorify God by spreading this story. I am humbled by their willingness to be used. (Jesse and I haven't seen each other since the 8th grade). Kristie only knew me as my oldest brother John's youngest brother. That makes their involvement all the more special-and all the more a God-thing. THANK YOU GUYS! I can't do this alone, and if it looks like I am.....it's not me! It's God, it's my family, it's Kristie and Jesse, and many, many, many of you whom I have never met face to face other than through the mail.

I have no idea where I'm going or what's next, and if it looks directional...it's not me. The doors have been unlocked and opened, I'm just walking through them. Many wouldn't believe me, even if I told them myself of some of the events and blessings that have taken place. It all seems too contrived, too influenced...but it's not my doing.
"Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul would soon have settled in silence." (Psalm 94:17)

So what's next? I don't know and I'm not trying to figure it out. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

~~ Thankful for the present, learning from the past, and preparing for His purpose. We live in the present, we dream in the future, and we learn eternal truths from the past.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment