Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WHY WASTE PAIN?


The South Jersey Traffic Safety Alliance (SJTSA) interview went well, and it was great to see the crew (Teresa, Wayne, and Mike). The interview brought me back to sentencing day, and that was a hard day to relive. Not because I was sentenced to prison, but my sorrow oozed out when I revisited my emotions towards the Kap family. I will forever feel remorse when I think about causing the death of an innocent man. That doesn’t even seem real writing that or reading those words, “causing the death.” I know what I was responsible for and I know where I’m at today because of it—the latter doesn’t bother me one bit, but the former is the reason people alike need to hear this message. One of the questions was, “What do you have to say to the naysayers and those who believe you shouldn’t have a voice?” A hard question, but my response: “Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I’m not mad at anyone for judging me. I judge myself. I didn’t ask for a voice, but was given one. If I were to sit in prison for the rest of my life, people would still talk. Hate the action of drinking and driving, cause I do too. Condemn the man (me), that’s fine. But don’t let those feelings get in the way of the message. The message can save lives, prevent tragedy. Nay sayers will always nay, and they’re entitled to that, but I can’t understand not giving the content of the message a chance. “Why waste pain? The whole point of making it through life’s challenges is so that we can help others. “(Michellesedas.com) I said something similar in my interview, which I think will be posted soon. (Strangely enough, I have no idea what my site even looks like, but based on the feedback that I am getting, I know that people are being impacted.)
After the interview, the CO, who was supervising, came up to me and was very encouraging. He said,” People definitely need to hear that and you’re doing nothing, but a good thing here, keep it up.” I came back from the interview thankful and encouraged. Life on the tier can be depressing and chaotic, but I’m trying to bring a positive attitude at all at times. What we allow ourselves to think about during our hard times can either make or break us. A lot of the time, we have no control over our circumstances, but we do control how we respond to such situations.
“Attitude governs the way you perceive the world and the way the world perceives you” (Attitude is everything p. 64)
~~~BE STILL AND KNOW….~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment