Monday, September 20, 2010

Inspiring Book


I received a very ‘inspiring' gift the other day, via mail, in the form of two books. One is titled "Live Inspired" and the other is called "Welcome the Rain" both by Michelle Sedas (www.michellesedas.com). In the front of the books were personalized messages from the author herself, which I thought was unbelievable (very cool) to receive books from the actual author and signed on top of that. I immediately read through "Live Inspired" and was without a doubt, inspired; and then into "Welcome the Rain." Both books prompted this entry. The theme of "Live Inspired" asks people across the world, what living inspired means to them. Miss Sedas then uses their testimonies, quotes, and words of inspirations, mixed with her own thoughts, to lead us to answers for this journey. "Welcome the Rain" encourages readers to welcome life's storms with the ability to pick our attitudes and responses; choosing to see beyond life's storms.

I felt compelled to answer the first book's question-"What inspires me," with the second book's ideas of "Welcoming the Rain." Thank you, Miss Sedas, for your motivation.

To me, living inspired means that no matter what my circumstances or environment, I should live life so that those around me win. A life inspired to me means the ability to remain "still" amongst chaos, knowing that the divine influence of peace is from God Almighty. To live life with inspiration is the recognition that God has an intended purpose for life's storms and with the encouragement offered through His "weathering instruments" (the likes of Michelle Sedas and many others), I am ‘welcoming that rain.' My inspiration is knowing that though I am confined, I am free; though I am weak, My God is strong; though I am in the dark, I can be a light; though I can't right my wrong, I can weather my storm.

I welcome the storms and its intentions, for by it and through it, God will be exalted.

"He calms the storm, so that its waves are still." Psalm 107:29

No comments:

Post a Comment