Monday, September 27, 2010

Listening Ear



It's been a long day, but I got a lot done. I worked in the morning and afternoon, but was able to complete several letters during the down time. This is probably the fifth time that I tried to write down my thoughts, but each time was interrupted and "beat down" by a one-sided conversation. I actually wrote the first sentence of this blog at 8:15 pm and its now 10:25 pm.

In a tier environment, interruptions are expected. But today was way too much. I sit here and listen intently, but after an hour, my head wants to scream. I'm not sure if that's wrong or not, but my ears win the battle with my impatient mind. This place is a beast and if handled the right way can really develop a level of patience incomparable to the "free world."

I learned after the latest onslaught of interruptions, that I have to allow patience to do its perfect work, as difficult as it may be at times. I need to do it eagerly and earnestly because patience produces perseverance.

You could only believe this if you were here to see it, but it is now 11:35 pm, and if I had not wrote about patience and its benefits, that conversation I was just in, would have been the final straw.

Fortunately, I learned a lot about this "one-sider." Many in here are in so much pain, and this individual said he was waiting all day to talk to me because he was struggling with a lot of things. Turns out all he needed was a listening ear, sprinkled with some faith based advice. It's so sad to listen to pain that has no comforter. Many bear these burdens alone and don't realize that when we present all of our worries, anxieties, and problems to God that He will handle them. "Casting our cares upon Him for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Practicing Prison Patience is not a light task, but is a discipline that bears fruit. I have to wake up in five hours and that doesn't bother me because it's another day to learn something new.
~~HUMBLED AND CONTENT~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment