Friday, October 22, 2010

5511 Inspired


A lot of purpose today and God was at the center. His loving-kindness is new every morning. Jay and my routine is still going strong and I have been arising a little earlier than usual for quiet/prayer time and by 8 AM, I have sometimes been up for 3 or 4 hours with purpose.

Such a powerful word - purpose: "Cause many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21). What is our purpose daily? God's purpose will be accomplished with or without us, so why not join Him? With those questions, I cannot help but to think about my priorities on the street. Anyone that knows me from the outside has to be confused or in shock that I would even want my day to begin so early, and especially in a place like prison. I certainly enjoyed sleeping in when I was free, and now confined, I cannot wait to start my day with purpose.


Today, Jay and I worked on something that, "Lord Willing," will stand the test of time. Time tells all and if God is the center of this, we know it will bring forth fruit. Too many coincidences, and as my mother recently put it, "There are no coincidences, just God-incidences." I wish I could disclose more details, but in due time or better put, His time. Just know that from the moment Jay and I met and bonded, we have used 5511 as a way to label our stuff and title any team stuff here in prison. The significance with 5511 is that Jay was # 55 when he was playing, and I was #11, thus 5511. Yea we both messed up, but now we are "Being Still."

Anyway, we must be onto something because who in their right mind would want more time in a prison day to accomplish, and who in the world would see a day in prison as a blessing? Well, when we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4) and His peace makes any environment endurable.

I know that God's word is similar to rainfall and it produces fruit, just as water strengthens a withering flower, God's word brings true life to the hearts of us sinners. And when we choose our words with His purpose in mind, we are writing our future. I know I can use my words to describe my situation, but I would rather use God's word to change my situation. God said, "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it" Isaiah 55:11.

God's word will never return to Him void and His purpose will be established with or without us....I'm joining Him!

Thankful for today, purpose driven by His word, and 55:11 inspired. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment