Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A message to my friends


So, a few months ago, I decided to randomly send a poem to my closest guy friends just to let them know I was thinking of them. The poem is titled AROUND THE CORNER and its content speaks of how life gets so busy that we lose contact with people we care for, and sometimes it's too late to reconnect.

Well the poem did several things: 1. It got some of my friends thinking I was mad at them for not writing me (which was not the case). 2. It made one of my friends relieved when he found out I didn't author it. He told me, "Man, that poem was really good, I knew you couldn't have written that." "Ha," I thought in my head. His comment motivated me to want to share this poem to all and then present my own poem scenario --which is even scarier than AROUND THE CORNER. I am nothing but God's tool being used for His Kingdom.
Here are the two poems beginning with

AROUND THE CORNER

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end;
Yet days go by, and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone,
And I never see my old friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race.
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell
And he rang mine.
We were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men:
Tired with playing a foolish game,
Tired with trying to make a name.
"Tomorrow," I say, "I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes~and tomorrow goes,
And the distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner~yet miles away...
"Here's a telegram, sir"
"Jim died today"

And that's what we get, and deserve in the end:
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

When I sent this poem to my friends, I ended with, "Let's not allow this to happen to us."

Now my attempt at poetry called: THE ONLY WAY


To my close friends and family, who have succumbed to doubt;
A poem of expression, from my clear voice to shout.

The one before, Around the Corner, indeed I did not write;
But here in after, this one is mine, no feelings of contrite.

You may not know from whence it came, or seem to understand;
But rest assured, I have submitted, to God's good and perfect plan.

So here we go, just one more time, this parable expressed;
From Matthew 7 and John 14:6, the ONLY WAY confessed.

Now pause before you go on, to ponder this ordeal;
The man you're gonna read about, the scenario is real......

There once was a man who did not know, nor did he see his purpose;
He did this and that from here to there, but never came his closest.

He wined and dined and tried all things, but still the void remained;
He could not see nor did he look, his dread left uncontained.

Until one day, the man woke up and stood before the heavens;
A voice rang down and startled him; he dropped in fear led reverence.

"Who are you son? Stand on your feet, and let me see your face!"
"You stand in shock upon a cloud, outside the Pearly Gates."

"You lived a life from to and fro, but never claimed My Name;
That's why I regret to tell you, your life was all in vain"

The man shot back, "I did not know so give me one more chance";
But all around the angels cried, which left him in a trance.

In one last effort to make a plea, he moved up with dismay;
"Please good sir, I beg of you, there must be another WAY?"

"There was a WAY presented forth, by TRUTH so many spoke;
For I am the WAY, the TRUTH, the LIFE....And you I do not know"

So there it is, two ways of life, a parable instruction;
For wide is the gate, broad is the way, which leads into destruction.

And that's just it, the ONLY WAY, and narrow is that gate;
Enter the way, which leads to life, before it is too late!!

And I end this one with, "Don't let this happen to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment