Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Toil is not in vain


I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning wide awake and feeling rejuvenated. Yesterday was a rough day and I was in bed by 9 p.m. Since I was up so early I was able to catch up on the readings I had missed from yesterday's "bug." I missed church last night so I'm really looking forward to Male Leadership tonight. To be continued after Pastor Vic's message...

Just got back and you can't make this stuff up....Minister Chris opened up tonight's message with Psalm 127, "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep." Then Pastor Vic followed with, "Toil is not in vain. Your blessing is on its way. Stay right there!"

Confirmation once again-- for this time in prison is not in vain, and stay right there means to "Be Still." I looked for a verse to close out last night's writing and it came today at the perfect time (Psalm 127). Life lived apart from God is not worth living.

As Pastor Vic confirmed, through the word, I must continue to move forward. I must get results and I must expect doubters in the process.

Acts 4, Peter and John arrested in an attempt to silence God's truths. "As they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody"....(Acts 4:1-3) And the results: "However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand." (Acts 4:4). Even though Peter and John were arrested for speaking the Word, the Word cannot be arrested. I must do this one thing: Get results. Expect results!

~~~~"My time, my prison time, will not be spent in vain"~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment