Monday, October 4, 2010

What's in a name?



You know you're doing something right when you're not afraid to put your name on it. You only get one name and it's something that we all take pride in. When something is being done for the good, we as humans want to see our names attached to it. Vice versa, we feel ashamed when our name is used in a bad light. But regardless of how our name is used, the choice is ours in how we respond to it.

Seeing how my name will always be attached with the heinous act that I did, I must make up my mind to not allow the negative things said to "move me." You never want your name attached to bad news, evil sayings, or slander. That is why some people choose to post ignorant anonymous comments without attaching their name to it. They are cowards because they hide behind their computer screens slandering without any name accountability to their statements.

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches," and on top of that, the best name to be attached to is Jesus Christ. He lived an exemplary life, so that we can see what is right to do in God's eyes. When we make our life in accordance with His name and ways, we are not afraid to use the family name. "For there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

I'm 26 now, and I apparently have my name attached to a story. I'm not ashamed to put my name on it because I'm using Jesus' name with it. My name will always be attached to what I did, but you can best believe His name will be used with what I do. "Nevertheless He saved us for His names sake, that He might make His mighty power known." Psalm 106:8

6 comments:

  1. your past lies in the past (easier to say)
    but everything happens for a reason ... and I think you've found your reason ... keep on inspiring and sharing, we are reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lani for taking the time to read our blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mighty God we serve, He is might to save!! Thank you for your kind comments and We are in prayer for you and your family!!! He IS able to do more than we could ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, thank you so much for your comment and prayers!! We serve an amazing Father!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One wrong act does not erase all the good that is in a person.
    Matt continue to teach and inspire you are doing great things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, thank you so much for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete