Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thank you all

I honestly don't need anything in here and if I told you I did, that would be a lie. The support, encouragement, and prayers have been more than enough to see me through, but Christ's love, peace, and grace is truly all I need to sustain me. I was blessed to be able to see my parents yesterday, only for an hour and a half, but content nonetheless. It's crazy to hear from them all that is going on with "my story." I put "my story" in quotes because it's weird to write those words, and it is still surreal that I have a "story" that people are following.

I'm not sure if too many people know this, but I have never seen the web site or anything else associated with "the story" outside these walls. The only thing I see on a daily basis related to my blog is the white paper and flimsy plastic pen that I write with to send home to my mom to post.

She sends me a lot of viewer's feedback and it is uplifting to say the least. Also, the letters I receive that reflect on my thought and God's truths are inspiring and motivational to me. But I also believe that because I haven't seen the site and have no idea what else is going on with the site, I remain humbled and grounded.

It's easy to fall into the belief that we make things happen on our own, especially when we have a visual image of what is accomplished or at work. I believe that not knowing or seeing all that is going on allows me to keep writing from my heart in all humility by God's good and perfect grace. The falsity that we can do things on our own keeps us from spiritual growth, and that is why we have to watch which nature we are feeding, the spirit or the flesh?

Trust me, it's certainly encouraging to have so much support and I don't know where I would be without it (God is gracious), but it is crucial that I continue to nourish my spiritual nature versus my physical nature. The need to do things my way and to please others must no longer be supported; "for those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit" (Romans 8:5). One must win out, and the one we starve will eventually die. "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace" (Romans 8:6).

Words cannot express how humbled and appreciative I am for all the support, encouragement, and prayers, and though I may have NO idea of all that is going on, I know that God's love and peace is on-going. Thank you to all and ALL PRAISE to Him who holds me and molds me.

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content..." (Philippians 4:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment