Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A perfect peace


I'm content and I'm right where I need to be. I honestly cannot complain about a single thing since I have been incarcerated and I am thankful daily for God's abundant grace, peace, mercy, and love. Incarcerated, but still purpose driven; I refuse to let my mind and spirit to be confined like my body.

We are blessed to have such developed minds that we are able to think for ourselves. We are comforted with the gift of the Helper (John 14:16) the Spirit of the Lord, who is always with us in every circumstance. How we use the former, depends on if we receive the latter.

I once heard someone say, "You have to have a plan! If you don't know where you're going, how can you expect to get there?" Well, in response to that, I have no clue where I'm going and I am not worried one bit how I'm gonna get there. I know that I'm right where I need to be (my body), and if I continue to trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding (by my mind), He will direct my steps (by the Spirit).

My plan is to "Remain Still" and to be led by the Helper; and when I get there, I'll be right where I need to be. I would be foolish if I were not planning for the future, but I would be an even bigger fool if my planning was not involving God at the center. I am incarcerated and I will be so for a good while, but I am content because I'm right where I need to be.

~His purpose for my life, my assignment, is bigger than my confinement~

No comments:

Post a Comment